My Korean bucket list
Last week in school I taught a class in which students practised the future tense by creating their own bucket lists. In preparation for this I had to create a short bucket list of my own. Sorry to say but I showed them a made up one. I did this partly because it was easy for students to understand and could inspire them whereas they may find my real life ambitions a bit weird. In addition to this it was also because I don’t actually have a written down bucket list of my life ambitions. I have always known that I wanted to travel and live in another country, that was a no brainer so I hadn’t looked any further than that .
Now I’m living that dream I’ve started thinking about some other things I hope to achieve, so I’m going to make a lifelong bucket list by the end of 2012. In the meantime though, as I’m living in Korea and also after getting the idea from a friend I have made a Korean bucket list. I’m much better at planning in the short term so this was easier! Here you go, the list is quite long and you’ll see some things are done whilst others are still in progress.
For anyone living in Korea what’s on your bucket list? Can you offer any tips for more exciting things I can add to mine?
Korean Bucket List
- Stay in a jimjilbang (a bath/sauna house with sleeping facilities) – DONE
- Visit Boseong green tea fields
- Go to the parting of the sea festival
- Visit Gyeongju – The city with the most historical sights. – DONE
- Go hiking in Seoraksan National Park – DONE
- Attend the Boreyong Mud Festival – DONE
- Stay out all night in Hongdae, Seoul – DONE
- Go to the Jinju Lantern festival
- Visit the city of Andong for the traditional mask festival
- Take part in a Korean 10k run
- Experience live music at Hongdae playground – DONE
- Stay in a Hanok guesthouse
- Travel around Gangwon Do – DONE
- Visit Penis Park in Gangwon Do – DONE
- Sing at a noraebang – DONE (managed to get 100% score twice too!)
- Visit the DMZ
- Go to a Korean wedding – DONE
- Go to Taejeondae cliff park in Busan
- Hike in Palgong mountains – DONE
- Hike up to Gatbawi (a Buddha in Palgong mountain park) – DONE
- Visit Haeundae beach in Busan – DONE
- Visit Jagalchi fish market in Busan – DONE
- Become an expert at chopsticks IN PROGRESS!
- Visit the south sea islands
- Find an actual techno or breaks club in South Korea.
- Cycle up the Han River
- Visit the Olympic Park in Seoul
- Visit a tiny seaside village – DONE
- Learn conversation Korean – IN PROGRESS!
- Go to Haeinsa temple
- Go to the comfort women museum in Gwangju
- Check out the owl museum in Seoul
- Visit Jeju island
- Go to the sex museum in Gyeongju
- Ride a tandem bike (this is on my actual bucket list too!) – DONE
- See a moonrise – DONE
- Watch the sunrise over a beach – DONE
Wow I’m sure there are more things on here that I forgot. Now I’ve typed it out I want to get to 40 so if anyone has any ideas of other things I can add let me know!